Powerflo Products Inc. is a proud and authorized Chesterton Packing Distributor for California in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Ventura, San Diego, San Bernardino and Riverside counties. Pump packing is ideal for the controlled leakage required for certain applications. Chesterton offers extensive applications expertise in pump packing solutions for rotating equipment—including design, selection, installation, testing, and more. Our innovative and award-winning packing solutions reduce power requirements for the pump and result in less leakage—lowering the total life cycle costs of the pumping system.
Chesterton offers an array of packing from multi-use to application specific designs. Please Contact Us today for a quote on a Chesterton packing solution!
Chesterton 1400R Carbon-Reinforced Graphite Packing
Chesterton 1400R Carbon-Reinforced Graphite Packing:Reinforced, braided, graphite packing with a corrosion inhibitor. The carbon yarn reinforcement is provided within the graphite tape yarn as well as the braided construction.
- 1400R forms a homogeneous mass under gland pressure, so that leakage cannot penetrate the packing set.
- The all-carbon/graphite set withstands higher shaft speeds while limiting shaft friction.
- The structural carbon fiber reinforcement prevents extrusion when 1400R sets are installed in valves at higher pressures.
In addition to its excellent sealing capabilities in rotating equipment, 1400R is a superior valve sealing material. This dual purpose design makes it a truly universal mechanical packing.
Features & Benefits
- Passive molybdate-corrosion inhibitor
- Forms a homogeneous mass under gland pressure
- For use in valves and pumps
Chesterton 1725A Food Process Packing
Chesterton 1725A Food Process Packing is constructed with expanded PTFE yarn and a specially-designed lubricant to provide superior sealing capability in rotating equipment. Its interbraid construction ensures maximum strength as well as minimal wicking of fluid through the packing.
Chesterton 1725A complies with the USDA requirements for minimal food contact and FDA specification 21 CFR, 178.3297, 177.2800, and 177.1550. This packing has been approved by NSF International; it meets the requirements of Standard 61 for use in potable drinking water systems, as well as the ACS Certification for drinking water.
1725A is applicable for use in pumps, agitators, mixers, and other rotary and reciprocating equipment.Features & Benefits
- Meets USDA requirements for minimal food contact
- Meets FDA requirements 21 CFR 178.3297,21 CFR 177.2800,21 CFR 177.1550
- Approved by NSF/ANSI and ACS standards for use in drinking water systems
- Completely inert to most materials
- Handles high shaft speeds
Chesterton 1727 Multi-Lon Synthetic
Chesterton, 1727 Multi-Lon® is a synthetic packing designed specifically for general service pump applications. It is able to deliver performance equal to synthetics with the pliability of asbestos. Unlike the first generation of synthetic packing, Multi-Lon does not suffer from limitations that prevent general service use. Multi-Lon consists of inter-braided, continuous, synthetic thermoset fibers immunized with PTFE lubricant and a special silicone-free, break-in, sacrificial lubricant.
- Unlike many synthetic yarns, it does not cause severe scoring
- Does not cause electrolytic pitting like carbon or graphite yarns
- Does not have the shaft speed limitations or the elongation/ extrusion problems often associated with PTFE fiber yarns
1727 Multi-Lon Benefits & Features:
- High chemical resistance
- Long-wearing for fewer repacks
- Non-staining; protects product quality
- Non-hardening for fewer adjustments
- Non-abrasive; less sleeve wear
- Non-pitting; saves shafts
Chesterton 1730 Mill Pack
Chesterton 1730 Mill Pack™ thermoset fiber packing provides outstanding heat resistance while maintaining excellent leakage control and reduced power consumption. Rugged, easy-to-use thermoset fiber packing controls leakage effectively while it is kind to shafts. 1730 Mill Pack provides high reliability in the most demanding applications. It is resistant to heat and will not glaze like common paper mill packing, even at high shaft speeds.
Mill Pack Features & benefits
- Easy and fast break in
- Abrasion resistant while non-scoring
- Strong chemical resistance
- Excellent heat resistance
Chesterton 1730SC Silicone Core Packing
Chesterton 1730SC packing combines a resilient silicone rubber core with the heat-resistant thermoset fiber of Chesterton’s MillPack 1730. The elastic, rubber core gives the packing better memory, allowing it to withstand radial shaft motion and vibration while maintaining excellent leakage control with minimal gland adjustments.
Rugged as well as easy to use and break in, 1730SC is designed for use in general service rotating equipment such as agitators, blenders, mixers, or any other applications that undergo shaft deflection in normal operating conditions.Features & Benefits
- Rugged, easy-to-use general service packing
- Withstands radial shaft motion and vibration
- Handles shaft / bore eccentricity
Chesterton 1740 Inter-Braid Packing
Chesterton 1740 is an inter-braided packing using aramid fibern with PTFE and other lubricants.* Each strand of yarn has been individually coated in order to dissipate heat. 1740 can be installed as full sets to offer combined resistance to pressure, temperature, chemicals, and wear. 1740 braided packing is also used as back-up rings for added extrusion resistance in abrasive applications.Features & Benefits
- Excellent extrusion resistance in abrasive applications
- Non-staining, non-contaminating
- Non-asbestos, multi-service packing
Chesterton 1760 Chemical Packing
Chesterton 1760 is a unique packing consisting of a PTFE yarn lubricated with graphite particles that dissipate heat. The finished packing is further lubricated with a special silicone oil for quick break-in.
1760 Chemical Packing Features & Technology:
- Excellent chemical resistance
Chesterton 1765 White ePTFE Chemical Packing
Chesterton 1765 is ideally suited for bleach pumps and other rotary applications requiring a white, non-staining packing. Constructed from chemically resistant, expanded PTFE material, this packing demonstrates higher speed performance capabilities than traditional PTFE materials for improved performance in a wide range of applications. Chesterton 1765 is ideal for rotary applications where chemical resistance is required and process needs to remain non-contaminated, such as ClO2 pumps, paper stock, and feeders.Features & Benefits
- Superior chemical resistance
- Low friction for improved speed capability
- Longer packing life
Chesterton 1830 Graphite PTFE Packing
Chesterton 1830 is an advanced, expanded, graphite PTFE packing made up of filaments developed to meet rigid specifications. It is well-suited for use in pumps, valves, agitators, mixers, and other rotating equipment. The PTFE resin is combined with graphite and expanded by using the latest technologies, resulting in a high-quality filament.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Low friction, less heat generation, and non-abrasiveness saves shafts and shaft sleeves
- Easy installation and removal
- Low leakage and long life
Chesterton 1830 SSP Slurry Pump Packing
Chesterton 1830SSP Slurry Pump Packing is manufactured with a hybrid yarn, combining advanced, expanded, graphite PTFE yarn with carbon yarn reinforcement. This unique construction of yarns yields a packing that is easily removable during repack, resulting in reduced downtime. 1830SSP can be used in a wide range of slurry sealing applications, from a submersible slurry pump to a mining slurry pump.
1830 SSP Slurry Pump Packing Features & Benefits:
- Developed to meet rigid demands of slurry sealing application
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Low friction, less heat generation, non-abrasive; saves shafts and shaft sleeves
Chesterton 329 Stern-Lon Marine Flax Shaft Packing
Chesterton 329 Stern-Lon® is square-plait-braided to provide an unusually flexible, formable shaft packing. The base fiber is a long-fibered, roved flax of the highest quality. 329 is graphite-free to avoid galvanic corrosion on shafts.
During production, 329 is first impregnated with concentrated PTFE dispersion to promote non-flowing lubricity and to retard degradation. This is followed with a plasticizing “break-in” lubricant which assures compressibility, flexibility, and good packing-to-shaft contact. Large sizes need not be hammered into place. Finally, to minimize frictional attrition, a finely divided fluorocarbon powder is embedded into the surface of the packing. Chesterton 329 produces little or no shaft or sleeve wear.Features & Benefits
- Suitable for stern tube and paper mill packing
- Most recognized product for the marine industry in Stern tubes
Chesterton 370 Heat-Dissipating Packing
Chesterton 370 Heat-Dissipating Packing is a unique, carbon and graphite construction packing provides plant-wide utility off a single spool. Chesterton 370 is manufactured from a high-quality carbon yarn incorporated with particles of pure graphite, high-temperature tolerant oils, and molybdenum disulfide, all of which act as long-life lubricants and blocking agents. The low-friction carbon yarn has exceptional high-temperature capability in a non-oxidizing environment. *Features & Benefits
- Design for high-temp seal conditions
- Fast break-in
- Controls leakage with minimal friction
- Reduced leakage and flushing